- Rider owned and operated.
- The Space Brace was created for athletes and people in need to help stay at the top of their game.
- Tested by professional BMX and MTB athlete's.
- Ventilated tongue and insides for increased breathability.
- Adjustable "figure 8" straps offer support for the ankle.
- Sewn in arch underneath the foot adds comfortable firm fit.
- Cover strap/elastic cuff offers a clean, sleek look, hides lacing, and secures straps.
- Sleek, non-bulky design offers comfortable fit inside any footwear.
I have been riding BMX freestyle professionally for over 5 years. It is my passion, my job...It's basically my life. With all the time I have spent on my bike over the years, (and too many drops to flat to count), my ankles have been beat up and rolled over and overwhich has resulted in a lot of time spent off the bike dealing with ankle injuries.
My work on the Space Brace began when I rolled my ankle and spiral fractured my fibula. While immobilized on my couch in a cast, I realized that I was not wearing an ankle brace the day it happened. I found myself going to pharmacies to find ankle support. And the pharmacy braces were useless for riding. Over the years I’ve tried countless braces, tapes and pads and there really was nothing in the market that worked for me.
After many months of design and testing, we came up with the Space Brace.
I needed the brace to fit as comfortably as possible while wearing a shoe. And of course, I needed to keep my style. Our sleek design looks like a thick pair of socks. Staying fashionable while staying safe.
Thanks to the Space Brace, I am able to ride to my full potential even with my sprains thanks to the amount of support the figure 8 straps offer. In no time, they are back to 100% again.